I might have to kill Bubby

by blogasana on March 1, 2010

That’s a line from my journal this morning.

I wrote it right around the time he came back out of his office singing loudly.

Which was after he tramped through the living room naked, made and ate breakfast in the same attire, and talked to himself at the table.

We have a very small house. There’s no where to hide get some privacy. The room I used to use for meditation and yoga is now his office. I may have not mentioned that he works from home (the understanding Ahhhh sounds out from around the world).

Now I do my asana practice in the living room. I sit and journal there too.

And every morning while I’m enjoying my time he comes through the room with an array of tactics to get attention.

He really isn’t a pig. And he’s only slightly insensitive.

But dammit if he’s out here tomorrow in his buckskin whispering like a three year old are-yew-me-da-ta-ting???

alicia March 1, 2010 at 6:35 pm

lol! i just got my yoga room back from the litter box, so feel free to come share!

we had some workmen here this past week who were whistling at the top of their lungs and i thought of bubby.

:-)

Havi Brooks (and duck) March 1, 2010 at 7:08 pm

It is too wrong to laugh? Because oh, I was only laughing because your description was so perfect and … yeah, perfect.

And in commiseration. Because it’s the worst.thing.ever.

Oh, sweetie. I’m sorry.

I have turned a closet into my Angel Refueling Station to go hide in. And even then, sometimes hiding isn’t an option and you are so right that it’s frustrating and it sucks.

Sending blankets and bubble solution pronto!

blogasana March 2, 2010 at 4:49 pm

@alicia – the whistling … on top of it all!! glad you got YOUR room back!
@havi – all there is to do is laugh! and sigh. yes.yes. i must find a fairy resting place. closet, cabinet, under a table… thanks for the loves.

jacquelyn March 2, 2010 at 6:59 pm

oooooooo -I can so relate! I have so many boys in my house (4 total) I designated a bathroom as ‘girls only’ so that I could have a bit of privacy.

And what is with all the comfort around nudity? Sometimes I think they are going to answer the door naked, then snap a towel at the UPS man.

blogasana March 2, 2010 at 11:37 pm

oh my gosh, jacquelyn, that is so funny! i can just see the doorway interaction right now. and of course the ups man is helpless because he’s holding that giant keypad… and he now he doesn’t really want the husband to use the pen because… who knows where his hands have been!! i SO need my own bathroom. =) glad you found your little bit of space… xo

janeen March 3, 2010 at 5:31 am

laughing. so. f-ing. hard. right now.
i heart your hubby!

Jessica March 3, 2010 at 10:09 pm

I love this blog! you are amazing! I have the same problem in my house–there is NO room. I think my favorite is either 1) if I time my meditation/yoga so everyone is gone, one of the damn cats come scratching at the door or moves in on my yoga mat or 2) when I’m meditating/yoga-ing in the bedroom with the door shut and i hear a loud yell from the living “Will you guys be quiet? Your mother is meditiating in the next room!”

yogaquest May 24, 2010 at 6:35 pm

LOL! You’re killin me Lorraine.