The unhelpful voice in my head says…

by blogasana on April 21, 2010

You have to sit here until the brilliant ideas come.

You have to sit here until you come up with genius copy.

You have to sit here until you know what to do about XYZ on the schedule.

And as nonsensical as it is, it’s only when I take a walk or do some yoga or just sit that the ideas flow like water.

I guess Gandhi was on to something.

elizabeth April 22, 2010 at 2:19 am

Ah yes. I know that one. Ideas also come while I am driving. It’s a shame I am not a huge fan of driving – I can see that a road trip would be a useful and justifiable business expense.

blogasana April 22, 2010 at 4:40 am

YES – I think I’ve almost had casualties from trying to make a note of something I didn’t want to forget!! =)

Y is for Yogini April 22, 2010 at 9:54 am

I get my best ideas in the shower. And during Savasana (yikes! i know this isn’t what I’m supposed to be doing, but the monkey mind gets inspired!! LoL!). :)

blogasana April 22, 2010 at 4:09 pm

Hey, I just commented on your lemonade! Funny!! I have to say, the quiet and spaciousness of Savasana do make room for some good ideas!! Let’s not rat each other out :-)

Liz April 22, 2010 at 3:54 pm

The unhelpful voice in my head says,

“You don’t have time to exercise”

“Why is this project or idea taking you so long to come to fruition?”

I know I just need to make more lists and prioritize to keep me on track. At times I wish I had a clone though :)

blogasana April 22, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Ug, the voices can be so mean! The pressure!!

Ya, I find lists really helpful, too. Otherwise I forget and then I’m even more stressed!!

Wouldn’t a clone be great? Or… maybe not ;-)

EcoYogini April 23, 2010 at 5:51 pm

hmmm… my unhelpful voice says terrible things as well…. I’m working on it (thankfully it’s gotten pretty silent for the most part during yoga-yay!).

I get my best ideas and thoughts after rockin’ out on my guitar. :)

blogasana April 23, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Hi fellow guitar-rocking friend! (tho my rocks are pretty new and wobbly…)

Thanks for the comment! I love your blog(s)!! Wonderful work you’re doing with the coffee + yoga idea. Glad I have a new fun place to poke around.

See you in the comments section soon!!